An Even Fuller Heart...

Here we are - home again, stacking hay and wondering how on earth 4 days can go that quickly! It baffles the mind.

But we had incredible, precious days of feasting and are now better prepared to face the battles ahead, just as I know you all are. How fortunate a people are we - that we have unlimited power on our side!

Jona: I hear wonderful things about you!! Take it from me, it's worth it. It's worth every little price you pay in humility and self-denial because it's REAL. The help, the comfort, the joy - even when it doesn't seem it could possibly be - it's real, every bit of it. I've proven it over and over again.

Beth R: I saw your daughter at Cody - what a beautiful girl! Thanks for your notes and thoughts our way. It's so great to hear from you and to keep in touch.

Emily: I'm sorry I didn't get to see you at Cody, but one of these days we'll meet for real. =)

Kathy W and Lisa W: thanks so much for your encouraging words at Cody. Maybe you know, but maybe you don't, how much help they were. I shall hold them close to my heart forever. (I'm not sure how many folks read my blog, but this note is true for so many of you! It was incredible to hear and feel all your love and support.)
Aw shucks - it'll take all day to write personal notes and for some reason, the convention laundry is not obeying my command to wash itself, the stubborn things! - -so please just know I think of and am glad for every single one of you who's taken the time to write here, call, send emails, or just think of us in the secret place. Thank you dear friends!


Some convention memories...

Goin' to Meetin':

Comparing Sibling Hair-do's:




And yes, here we seriously are slicing olives! AND we cut grapes in half. But, y'know, no one complained. OH WAIT!! Maybe one person did... hmmm... can you remember who that might've been, Jen?? =) (She was only in jest though, everyone, and kept us all in stitches while we sliced. And sliced. And sliced. And sliced. And ... etc.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again. I enjoyed the pictures...fun hair pictures. It was nice to see the pictures of folks busily working away....faithful souls. Our heart and thoughts will be with you tomorrow. Linda L

Anonymous said...

Embarrassingly enough, everyone, you will notice that I did NOT show up later that day to slice olives. *sigh* I was taking a nap. There's no excuse for my lack of labor. But I do want to say this...the olives DID taste excellent in the ceasar salad!! I KNOW that slicing them up enhanced their flavor even more! ;o) Thanks to all of you hearty, faithful olive cutters! You MADE the meal! :)

Anonymous said...

Howdy there....loved your update on this most enjoyable blog of yours. Wow, I think your hair is more curly than it was before...right or wrong? It is certainly pretty! It's been great to hear from some of my family that saw you at conv. It sounds like it was a rich one!
Well today you are off to the doctors again...I wonder if that was there in Riverton? At any rate... my thoughts are with you!
Tight hugs...Renee in NE

Unknown said...

Renee in NE already said what I got on to say.... thinking of you today at the dr. Glad for pics from Cody... we can hardly wait for our own privileges coming up! And...your hair has grown quite a bit since May! Love, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you - hoping the doctor appt today answers questions instead of creating them! I can just imagine how convention must have seemed like the calm before the storm - and now you'll have more strength to go through the storm ahead.
We love your posts and pictures, thanks for taking time to do it!!
Love and Hugs from us!!

p.s. I didn't get a comment on your Gus post - but yes, he's lovely!! Mom would have loved him!! I love remembering your post - you called us Mel & Shell, which warmed my heart because that's what Mom called us so often... thanks!!!!
I think your horses and flowers are a good prescription for relaxation and therapy!! How's the garden???

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Especially like the hair picture! I agree with Mel.....thanks for the posts on your blog and taking the time to do it. It's always great to see and hear what is going on with you and Andy. Thinking of you and sending hugs! Love, Mo

andy and michelle said...

Thank you, thank you dear folks, for thinking of me during the day of my appointment. It went well - I'll write more details later- But suffice it to say she's not afraid to send me on to someone who specializes in ovarian cancer, seeing as how I don't have the "garden variety" as she called it. For some reason, mine has chosen to be crazy and aggressive and inexplicable in so many ways. *sigh.

Tomorrow (6/27) is chemo dose #1 on go-around #2. Yippee! Let the fun begin!
I'm hoping for no hair loss this time around, although bald in summer would be kinda nice, actually. I can feel the cool breezes now. =)

Oh and Renee, yes I think my hair's curlier now than it used to be. Before it was mainly just wavy, but maybe this would become less curly if it were longer. If I don't lose it, maybe we'll get to find out. =)

ant Vik said...

Sure do enjoy your blogs and this one is no exception. I sure missed being at Cody this year and now seeing the pictures really makes me wish I could have gone. Especially the salad crew! Thanks for sharing all of your news.
Glad you have such a caring doctor. Sounds like you are in good hands.
Our thoghts and prayers go your way.

Anonymous said...

It was heartwarming to look over at the 'Major' crew all sitting together at Cody... Facing whatever life brings together! And seeking counsel together from the source. It was truly a heartwarming 'picture' that is posted in my memory!
Love and many thoughts...
Dave W.