Sundays...

Well it's Sunday morning and the thoughts in this household are with all of you at Chug. I'm sure you're having wonderful days and although our physical selves are here, our hearts are there, and have been all week. We are still planning on all of Cody, thanks to docs who tell me "just GO". I hope to see many of you there.

We're baling hay like crazy around here. Seems every other day someone is calling who needs some done. I wish Andy knew how to say 'no', but he always, always makes it work out. I never cease to be amazed.

This photo is me with Gus, the 2-year-old I insisted we buy back when he was a yearling. He's not register-able as he was born to 2 registered Quarter Horses (oops, must've been an Appy back in a woodpile somewhere - the guy wanted to sell him FAST so no one could see the evidence. *smile*) But I knew he had awesome potential. And I was right. We're breaking him now and he's learning quickly, smooth at a trot, gonna be fast and fun and sweet, sweet, sweet! ... Probably because I've been working with him off and on since we got him, been picking up his feet, sacking him out (waving tarps and such to get him used to funny, scary noises) and climbing up on him since he was big enough to carry me.
Anyway, don't try to tell me HE's not gorgeous. (Or even if you think he's dog-ugly, don't tell me because I won't believe you. =)
(Mel and Shell - I think of what you told us about your mom loving appys, because I bet she would've loved him. Makes me think of her when I'm working with him. )

Quick health update:
I talked to my oncologist and he says that although there aren't yet any true tumors in my abdomen (it's more "little nodules" and "thickening" of some internal linings and some enlarged lymph nodes), that we DO need to get chemo going after we find out the results from a few more tests this week. I told him I had a church convention to go to next week and wouldn't miss it for chemo, cancer or any other circumstance. He says, "Good. GO. It'll probably do you more good than I could." *smile*. I spoke with the PA who works at my oncology clinic and she told me the same thing .... "it's not going to be life-threatening to you if you go, and any time you can experience spiritual refreshing, you should do it." So even my docs agree these are important days. =)
So looks like I'll be starting chemo again after Cody, hoping it'll hold the cancer in check.

And that's the scoop! Thanks so much for all your notes. We love them, they are so encouraging. Andy comes in from working and asks, "do we have any more emails or comments I can read?"

Here's a pic he took of me today, being lazy and cuddling with pets... And soon I hope to get some photos of us working, so it's not all just ones of ME on here. =)

10 comments:

ant Vik said...

Just checking out the blog sites and was so glad to hear you will be able to get all of Cody! Wonderful that the medical team knows the benifits of our Great Physician.

I only got 2 days of Chug but boy were they great days!

Oh and Donna would have loved your horse. I think you made a wise choice. Back when we got into raising Appaloosa's, you could register them by simply sending in pictures of both sides and the rear. Our first stallion was one that a horse trader friend of Dad's brought to us, because he was sick. Dad worked with the vet and got him back on his feet, then bought him from his friend. We raised a lot of good colts out of that horse and we never had any idea of his lineage.

Anonymous said...

Dear M. - I just came across your blog today as I'm becoming aware of these great updates many are putting out there. I remember convs when my sister and I got to sit with you and your sister for a mtg or two. We felt sooo big and important when we were with you 'big and important' girls. :) It was fun spending a few days this week in the Chug kitchen with your sister. Our thoughts are with you and Andy. -Kosha O.

Anonymous said...

Have been checking in regularly since finding your site recently and always look forward to your updates. Glad to hear that your doctors are in such hearty agreement that convention will do you good...if only they knew! Ours at Santee was so very special and made me thankful afresh for that heavenly atmosphere we love so much that removes us from earth's cares for a needed time of renewing. One thought that has stayed with me (there were many!) is that privilege and blessing are not synonymous, but a privilege only becomes a blessing to us when we do the thing the privilege gives us to do. Know that you both will have extra-special days at Chugwater!

Anonymous said...

oops...wrong one...make that Cody! Can you tell I'm not very familiar with WY conventions? And by the way, Gus is handsome =)

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for thinking of us at Chug...it was the best convention yet! We had 5 or so new babes start Saturday night...one was Jona...so exciting! I'm glad that your docots are supportive of you going to Cody...I hope you can go and leave all of your worries behind.
I'm not a horse person, but Gus is very pretty/handsome.
We're thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I think Gus and you look good together! Will he be yours or will you have to share? :)
You expressed my thoughts about Chug very well. We're in Texas physically but we were at Chugwater in heart! I'm so glad you get Cody. Are you taking the camper? Happy packing in the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Well, having been at Chugwater as well as others that have posted I can agree with the statement: "It was the best yet."
It was great, great great to see Brent and Shawna! You will be seeing my Brent at Cody as he went to Casper from Chug, and will come with them to Cody. I am so tickled that you get to go, and then when you return you will be armed with fresh help to face what is next!
Well, I like Gus alright, but I like the other picture better because it looks so cozy and your pooch is using you for a pillow and he has such a cute expression on his face! Hope the haying goes well for Andy so you can leave on Wednesday and he will be all caught up! Love you bunches...Renee in NE

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Gus is not that handsome. Sorry. =) Feel free to tell me what my kids really look like!!ha ha...I don't know a thing about horses. Anyway I'm feeling kind of jealous of you having cody this week....chugwater went sooooo fast and I didn't get near enough things to sink in before I left!! Anyway Buddy Chafee's testimony was, "I want to get in tune while the note is being played". Don't you think that's good?? Anyway I know you'll have a wonderful time - we'll be thinking of you there!!
k

Anonymous said...

I was relieved to read an update about your doctor visits and hearing you'll be at Cody. I've also had the "permission" to go...so I'll zip up there and have 3 small people in tow!! :) I'm so looking forward to refreshing days with the privilege of convention and seeing many dear friends! We heard that we can't forget our beginnings (our Bethels) and I now understand why my beginning days/years up there are so precious...my roots are there--naturally and spiritually! Can't wait to see you and you'll need to brace yourself for another hug! :)lw

Anonymous said...

Snellings...
Got so engrosed in your blog/photo site that I forgot all about my supper! You guys have an awesome spot there in the heart of good ol' Wyo. Can't beat the country life! Anyway, just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you are! Enjoy Cody ;) - megan o.