Don't die of shock!! :)

It's here folks, it's here! A new post!
Yes, I'm feeling quite smitten because I have had a great number of you send me emails saying, in short, "UPDATE YOUR BLOG!" It certainly is high time. And to answer all of you, yes my lack of updates is due to the fact that I feel really, really good. I've been working, both inside and out, ... riding horses so much that the original soreness has worn off and now it feels perfectly comfortable... been having company and potlucks... enjoying Dean and Dustin's company... and just generally living a grand old normal life. Those of you who feel you have this normal, "boring" life all the time, don't take it for granted. It's pretty cool. Remember my last post?? We were all wanting less drama. This month I've gotten that wish.

Chemo's next week, so [*huge sigh*] this spiffiness is relatively short-lived. BUT... The after-chemo puniness (Andy would probably call it "after-chemo whinyness" if I'd let him) is usually short-lived too, so that's the best part.


My CA-125 was down to 110 at the last check. That is an incredible drop from the last one which was well over a thousand. So chemo's doing its thing again, which is incredibly reassuring.


Here we are, grilling our first steaks of the season, and a good shot of Andy trying to stab me with a fork.... or so it appears. I don't think Ty looks like he'd defend me, do you? He has more of a "well-this-could-be-messy-but-interesting" look to him.

Here's Popsicle and I... and a good shot of my short blonde "California" wig, as Andy calls it:


And here's the barn - still coming along slowly, but good changes being made nonetheless. Brent's coming to help frame in the cabin sometime in the next week, so I'll post more photos after that. Here viewed from the north side... Stalls are located inside under the right-hand wing, the open-front shed is under the wing you see on the left.

Inside facing north. The stalls, there are 6 of them in all:


This next one is facing toward where the cabin is going to be. You can see the platform for its floor and the doors and windows. To the left, outside the indoor barn area, under the east wing, is the open-front shed. Our cows and calves have made good use of that area the last few months. It's been a wonderful spot and glad we planned it that way.


For Tiff's birthday we created a potting shed for her out of this old shed Andy built years ago. Here it's getting relocated to a more useful spot:


And I can't resist adding Popsicle and her latest video. She keeps us smiling. I swear, no matter what kind of a mood you're in, when you see this little thing running at you or bumping you from behind when she's hungry, you just can't help but giggle. She's been a joy. If you don't laugh out loud at this video, it's proof you are having a bad day. :)

15 comments:

The J's said...

Happy to read your "UP"dates! I have been checking in often lately to hear the latest! And, guess I passed the good day test on the video too :*) Hope all goes well next week.

Renee said...

Well, talk about wonderful.........such GREAT news. Love it love it.....from over a thousand to barely over 100.
That is too awesome for words.

The barn is tremendous! All those lovely stalls for your horses...a big area to ride them...a spot for Tiffany to call her own...shelter for mamas and babies...you folks thought of everything. Very impressive!

The blonde wig is great...do you turn into a "ditzy blonde" when you wear it? :)

Lastly...Posicle brings back lots of memories for me, with all the baby calves I bottle fed when I was growing up! Can those little ones ever suck with POWER!

It was TIME for an update...I'm so glad you obliged all us blog-a-holics!!

Tight hugs...

Anonymous said...

Oh Good! Glad you got a minute to post again!! And will be thinking of you going through that stinky chemo again, but glad you have the option and the help it's brought!!Love you! Lorna

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Thanks for the wonderful update!! :) Glad to hear how things are going!! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that "no news is good news" lately........but nice to read the update. We think of you often!

Anonymous said...

Man, things are looking good around your place! I'm anxious to come take a look again... Thanks for the pictures.
Dave

Beth said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. Been checking a lot lately with no updates - glad to have one! Will be thinking of you next week with the chemo and hoping it continues to do its work!

Beth

The Lewis's said...

It is great that you have been feeling better these days. I love seeing the pictures of the barn and your cute bum calf. I am sad to be moving too, but Riverton and the peoplel there will always be my "home people" so I hope to get up there some time. I am very excited to be done in in five weeks. :) Have a good week.
Lots of love,
Lana and Graham

Anonymous said...

A great post!! Great news and Great pics, what more could a person ask for?? Glad to hear the CA-125 is so much lower and mostly very glad to hear that you've felt good enough to be doing so much and enjoying it all!
I am laughing my head off at what you said Ty looks like he's saying, that was hilarious! Nice photo pose there Andy!!!
Tiff's potting house!!What a super idea! Looks like you made a little sign on the front - how cute!!
The barn looks incredible! Great job!!!
We'll all be thinking of you as you enter puny days phase of the chemo next week.....hopefully they'll pass soon and you'll be back to enjoying your normal days again!
Love & hugs from us!!
p.s. Tell popsicle we're all enjoying her antics!! and Tiff too!:)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved seeing all the pictures of the happenings there! Laughed out loud at your comment about Ty - I would agree that he doesn't look too ready to defend you! :) That video is hilarious! Glad you have been feeling so well and enjoying life. We'll all be thinking about you as you go through this next round of chemo. Hugs and love from here to there...

CountryCuties1994 said...

Glad to hear all is going good! Was fun to hear your voice on the video too;)
Heather

Lainey said...

I love the way the barn is shaping up. And the color will be a perfect backdrop for showing off horses. Good choice. Everything looks better with some red! I also am quite jealous of your cute California girl look. How do you do it?

Traci K said...

110!!!! Woo Whoo! So glad to hear it's come WAY down! Keep it up!! They must have the right "chemo coctail" going on with ya'. Glad to see you having some good days. Cute little calf. I think I see some imprinting going on there. He must love his milk! The barn is very nice!! Do you have an arena to ride around in in the cold in there? It looks big enough that you almost could. Good luck with the next chemo round. Keep up the posts! Always good to hear!!

Mimi/Susan said...

So glad that you've enjoyed some normal days...always wonder if no blog update means good days or bad days! Was also glad to hear your voice as it makes you more "real". Will think about you during this next round of chemo and hope you knock the socks off the remaining Ca cells.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thought of you this a.m. and then check your blog this p.m. You put a new meaning to ENJOYING life! Keep it up! Wish we had grass showing like yours where you played with Popsicle...we just have icecycles...the real thing!